Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Additional Resources for Section 1

Hi friends!
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has joined the book club.

One thing I say to teachers when I am leading workshops or staff meetings is there is
no Reconciliation without Truth.  We as teachers are the Truth part of the equation.
I am very glad that so many people in our school board are taking the time to read
21 Things You May Not Know About the Indian Act and are learning the truth.  


As we wrap up this section of the book, I want to say MIIGWECH (thanks) to everyone
who is reading, posting comments and reading each others’ comments.  


Here is a timely article about Indian Status and how the Indian Act is discriminatory
UN Human Rights Committee.


If you find any resources that you feel relate to our first reading, please add them
in the comments below!


Miigwech!

No comments:

Post a Comment